When Writing A Prescription for a Compounded Medication the Following Information Should be Included:
- Patient identification (name, date of birth, address)
- Drug allergies
- Indicate prescription is to be compounded
- Generic name of all active ingredients
- Strength or Dose of medication (for example: %, milligram, grams)
- Formulation desired (cream, gel, troches, capsule, suppository, ODTs, etc.)
- Quantity desired and/or days supply needed
- Directions for use
- Medical condition being treated
- Refills, if any.
If you have any specific questions regarding formulations, do not hesitate to contact our pharmacy.
Contact our pharmacists with questions. We’re happy to answer any questions and discuss suitable options to meet your patient’s needs.